Tuesday, October 10, 2017

How do you capture screenshots with Firefox?

Firefox screen shots - an application to capture sections or whole Web pages is still in BETA, but you can give it a try. I have version 56.0(32bit).

The Firefox browser has a new menu item.



 It is very easy to use. Let us say, I open this page:

I get to see today's Bing page as shown:


I used a desktop app called lightshot to capture this image.

Now let me use the Firefox Screenshot menu to capture a part of this web page. In order to describe I will be capturing the steps again using lightshot.

Click on the menu item (you will see Firefox Screenshots when you hover the item). You get this intro screen.

You just hit the right pointing arrow to get to the next page of this wizard.


Click again the arrows.



Here click on this page and select the region as shown


Click Save. It gets saved to the cloud.


Click Download and it gets into your Downloads folder as shown.



Well it can only capture anything on the Firefox browser. Useful but other tools do exist.

No comments: